Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ahhhhhhhh, summer. I love you.

Currently, it's almost 2:00 in the morning.

My mister is fast asleep on the other side of the couch. I've got 3 out of 4 fur babies just snuggling up to my legs, and I've got a piping hot cup of Acai/mango flavored tea :) I know I shouldn't be drinking it this late, but I am not sleepy at all!

Today was a good day. We took a little trip down to the Schneider Flats in a little town close by called Bloomingdale. They are these three lakes that are tucked away in this wonderful nature conservatory type place. They reserve one of the lakes for swimming only, how cute is that? Every where you look there's a puppy without a leash, just running and playing in and out of the water! The other two lakes are for fishing, and that is what we were there for! Joshy bought me my own rod (he is pretty cute, it's a pink rod with; pink line, pink lures and even pink bobbers! haha!) and a little rainbow butt pad so my tooshy wouldn't have to get all muddy! We snuck down to this nice secluded spot and stood in the water all day! Enjoying the sun, the water between our toes and each others company. There was the biggest hawks nest near by, with little babies just poking their not so little heads out. We saw the mamma scoop up a fish too, it was pretty rad.

The best thing was just being able to hang out with my guy. Laughing and being silly, in the kind of way that no one would really understand. I missed my pup's all day though (we opted to leave them at home for fear of fishing hooks coming in contact with their little bodies). It's kind of silly, but when you are around other peoples dogs and not your own, you really miss them!


I am trying to be sneaky and quiet right now, so tomorrow I will try and post some photo's from our little excursion, since I don't want to go into the other room to get my card and all that jazz.




Fishing again tomorrow?
I think so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment