Friday, January 28, 2011

Rise & Rise again, until LAMBS BECOME LIONS.

Well, I guess it's been a while.

Today I had the day off work. Now, by that I mean, out of the studio...because I sure as heck did not sit on my butt all day. I got up with the man this morning to have coffee with him before he left. Afterward I began a day of chores. I cleaned the whole house, did countless loads of laundry, walked the pups, hung up the mandolin & ukulele, built a shelf to store our movies, etc. etc. Including a salmon dinner all by the time he got in from work.

I have had a sudden wave of inspiration. I just want to sew and cook and learn how to knit & just make a few random things. Maybe it's because I am finally organizing around here & feel relieved (as silly as that may sound). I have been getting through the cold days with thoughts of summer. I know it is a long ways away. I just can't wait! To hop on my long board & just ride downtown for a cup 'o joe. To go camping! & hopefully on a road trip out West. To fish all day. To hike with the puppies. For BBQ's & bonfires. For SHORTS & Dresses! & sooo much more! The most exciting thing I am looking forward to is gardening. My biggest goal and challenge this year is to build a large patch in our back yard to harvest some of our own food. We also want to build a fence to stop our little Dude from running through the bushes out into the street. We already have several mature fruit trees/bushes/vines which I am so excited for.


Which reminds me.....

I have been doing a few things around the house to make it more "ours". I hung up candid photo's of our families and friends to line the wall going upstairs. I am really happy with how much something so simple can make me feel the little twists of happiness every time I see them!
The day I after I put them up we went out to buy groceries. When we came home, as I was putting them away, my Mr. came over and thanked me. He is the sweetest, best guy, in the whole world! Honestly. Not just because he was saying thank you, I guess I should finish that...he said he was thankful that I make him feel like home. Like our life together is his home and is everything to him. He thanked me for always taking care of all of us. <3>


Can you tell I missed him? haha.






I caught myself thinking, about this blog today. About how I don't really talk about it, so the people I care about are not reading it, that much I know (since they have no way of knowing it exists). What I was really thinking about was, that maybe in the future, someone might want to get to know me & potentially, I may not be around. Like future children or something..which I know sounds 100% bonkers!! I thought, wouldn't this be the biggest surprise? To see how someone you might miss became who they were? To hear about how they grew to be the person you loved? Crazy right?

Maybe I am just trying too hard to justify my writing here. I don't know! haha! Whatever, I don't need a reason! It feels nice to have this secret little place where I can say anything I want!I have no intentions to please anyone, I write in this for my own purposes. My own outlet. My own place to say what I want, when I want and how I want. With no worries of who I may offend. My belief is writing forces you to organize your thoughts, which helps you to gain control over what is happening around you. It releases stress. AND to be honest, I really feel like I am boring! Most 25 year old girls are NOT at all like..me. As cheesy as it sounds, I am different. I have accepted it! Most girls my age probably don't want to have a conversation with me about crocheting or canning. Minus a few that I have picked up along the way :)




Onward ho!
We both have colds right now..icky. Night time is so uncomfortable when you aren't feeling well. I have to work at 9 tomorrow & it is 9:30'ish in the evening. The puppies are both sleeping on my legs while the boys are upstairs jamming their new From Lambs to Lions tunes. We are heading off to a birthday party shortly for my girlfriends fiancée (who happens to be good friends with my guy too!). Where we will probably talk about our up-coming weddings and will have to focus on not being anti social. I would love the opportunity to pass out as soon as possible. I am tired today...and I have a feeling it will be the re-occurring theme of my weekend, since I work both Saturday and Sunday (& every day after until next Friday).

I am excited for next weekend to come though! I am getting my hair done. Which again, I sound like such a crazy chick, but I am really nervous about! I am naturally blonde and have been dying my hair black for 8 years :S It is long and I want it to stay long! I know my hair stylist will try to force me to cut it. I just want to be back to blonde for my wedding. So I am starting the process as early as possible! I am going with Josh's mum, her gift to me! Which is so sweet of her. She is going to stay with me all day and get pampered herself.

I'll leave you with a photo!






I like the two instruments there...One of these days I am going to post my own home tour..since I love lurking so many on the internet! but we live in a super old house in the downtown core of our city. We have two music rooms, one is a space just for the drum kit and the other is more of a studio space, it is where we keep our Mac, mic, electric kit, midi keyboard, tons of guitars, various amps and all kinds of other music related stuff. We leave a few lying around other places in the house and I wanted to find ways of cleaning them up since we have them everywhere! You can even see the two poochies on the couch!





No comments:

Post a Comment