Friday, June 3, 2011

Don't say goodbye, just say so long!


Until next time!

I haven't really written about it yet, but last weekend my sister Rae and my nephew Sky-walker (Skyler) flew out to Alberta. For good. Her future hubby was already out there getting their home ready for them. The night before they left, we spent some special time together. They slept at our house. It was an emotional evening. My sister fell asleep early like a little baby and I stayed up nice and late with Sky (he's 6), we played Little Big Planet 2, we ate candy and chips, watched Star Wars and talked and snuggled. I am so happy for them, to begin a new chapter-a big adventure- in their lives. I am 100% proud of my sister and the woman she has become! & my nephew, well he means the world to me, and I won't stop missing him.

I wrote each of them a personal letter to take along with them, each talking about how much I love them and will miss them. For Rae, I sewed her an apron out of some cute vintage fabric, since she liked mine. For Sky, I put together this little box of stationary, stickers, all kinds of pens, pencils, markers, envelopes..etc. On the inside of the box lid, I lined it with photo's of J and I with him, one of our puppies (he loves them) and one of Rae and I. I added a card with our address so we could be pen pals. I hope he writes :)

The morning of the big move was kind of surreal. We walked uptown for coffee, got her all dolled up to see her guy and hugged Sky as much as I could. We took them to the airport and said our goodbyes. It was sad, we all cried at one point or another. Sky picked me a flower at the airport and told me he loved me, and it was really hard not to bawl when Rae hugged me...I've spoke with my sister since they've arrived. They are doing great! Excited and still getting settled. They already had a new home and a new car!

I am sad for selfish reasons, but this is the right thing for their family and I can really respect my sisters desire for giving her son a great, new, opportunity for adventure!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!
xoxoxox












No comments:

Post a Comment