Monday, May 30, 2011

Sweet, Sweet, Summer!





It's been a wonderful week!

I've had such an amazing week with J.
I wish I could recall every moment of every day to document here. Since I only write here and there, I generally only write a bit. This week has been fun, i'm actually really enjoying this whole work vacation thing! haha!

Here's my weekend re-cap;

On Friday my girlfriend Sara came over, we played video games, hung out and went shopping! I bought this awesome ceramic cupcake and a gift for my older sister's birthday (I got her a retro apron and a cool re-usable mug).

Friday evening I made burgers for dinner for myself, J, and our buddy Ky
le. We had a few drinks and Kyle slept on our couch, it was a hilarious night and I had so much fun just joking around and being silly with those two!! Check out Kyle wearing my Fett helmet (Below), lol, he was soo happy!!!


Saturday morning I woke up super early and headed over to my dads house. I drove Em (my little sister) and a car full of her 16 year old girlfriends to a convention in Toronto. It's called Anime North. It's this super fun, and HUGE, event that showcases Japanese art, music and comics. Em & friends all dressed up as anime characters from their fav. show. I love going to North. This is my third year going and I can't wait to go again next year! There's an insane amount of amazing, talented, artists...and because the place is so full, it's kind of competitive, so the art is dirt cheap! I also love that all of the local comic shops come out. It's a one of a kind place!

Saturday evening I got home and spent some time with the hubby before Zach came over for the night. Zach is J's old buddy. They have been close friends since they were each in the second grade. I actually met Josh through Zach :) He lives in B.C. and is visiting home for the summer. Each time he comes back he stays with us off and on, and hangs out a bunch! The boys jammed it out, played video games and had all kinds of nostalgic conversations. I, however, was sooo tired from North that I actually fell asleep on the couch pretty early! J picked me up some amazing food from this place called Northern Thai and I ate, hung out and fell asleep pretty quick! haha.

Then, Sunday after Zach went home, J and I snuggled and then decided to actually do something productive. He took me out for lunch at Moose Winooski's, which was amazing!! I haven't been there since they renovated years ago, and I have to say, I was super impressed. The food was insane! I loved it!! After we ate, we went grocery shopping..I LOVE grocery shopping, which I know is kind of silly, but I love planning what to make and what not. I saw Krystal in the grocery store too, hehe. After shopping we came home and snuggled some more, this time with the puppies, and then went out once more. On our way out J. spotted a cute rocking chair with a free sign on it, and snagged it for me! Another man wanted it and was trying to get him to leave it, but he knew I would like it, so he stuck to his guns! ha! It's so cute!! We then decided to go hang out at Nick & Char's and watch a movie! We stopped on the way there for snacks (& a super comfy pair of slippers, haha, thanks babe!) and hung out with them long into the night.

Now here I am, it's Monday!! The boy is at work and it's almost 4 in the afternoon! I woke up with him this morning to make him a lunch, but instead he insisted I sit beside him and just cuddle and talk instead...so no lunch for him! haha, sacrifices! After he left I started cleaning the house and worked my day away. I cut fresh flowers from our garden, which is something I do every couple of days. Now I am planning dinner and just laying in bed with my lap top (I steam-cleaned the couch in the living room and it is still wet) with a delicious iced coffee that I just conjured up. Hmmm....Pork tenderloin, corn on the cob and some mashed tater's? Sounds about right ;)


Here's a gazillion photo's :)



Magellan, looking at his baby photo :)




A sleep summer, Suki!

Decals over our bed. I bought these with Krystal last October and finally decided to put 'em up!

My version on a "What I Wore" post, haha!! With my pup Scully just chillin' in the corner.

NUNCHAKUUUU!!! A gift for J. from AN11

A print to go with out zombie head cookie jar in our kitchen :) Also from AN11

Got this while out with Sara!

SIICK Sailor Moon mug from AN11!!


Buttons and a TokiDoki bag I got from A11.

Plush Yoda, was my fav. find at AN11!!! He's soooooo darn cute!!


Piccolo from AN11, another gift for J!

More vinyl toys for J! AN11 too.

Kyle rocking out in my Fett helmet!





Tomorrow, Jen is coming over to spend the day with me while my guy is at work again. We are going to bake some more doggie treats and sew something up.


Life is good, 'aint it?


xoxoxoxox
Shara

No comments:

Post a Comment