Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sweet Little Thing..


Today has been wonderful so far!
I've spent my day at home, keeping warm and busy! I woke up this morning with Josh and walked the pups. I was really sad when he left for work :( I don't know, I know I shouldn't be so dramatic...but he really is my best friend. Without him around, nothing is the same. SO generally, to avoid feeling too sorry for myself, I like to keep as busy as possible.

So this is what I did.


I started my day by spending some time outside with the babies (my dogs)! It's still pretty cold out, but today the sun was shining nice and bright! It felt a tad bit warmer than usual. They had a blast, just running around in the snow.

Then I wandered the internet for a couple hours :) Caught up on my favorite blogs! Once I wasn't feeling so lazy, I decided to get up off my butt and do something productive! I played bass for a while, did some laundry, cleaned the house...then attacked my kitchen!






I started off by making these cute little apple pops for my dogs. I am trying my best to give them healthy options for food..the same way I would want. I don't think it's fair that dogs and cats go their whole lives eating junk..I mean really, do you know what your dog is eating? Look it up! I want to at least try to do better for them, it's the least I can do! The recipe is very simple and human friendly. I don't add sugar though, I keep it as natural and simple as possible :) The stick piece is raw hide.













Once I made the puppy pops, it smelled so amazing (I even tried a piece of the fritter! haha! yum) so I decided to make some people versions. I did add sugar to these! & honey, and Cinnamon. Once they were done, I rolled them in this amazing Epicure sugar that I was given (as a gift from a client, thanks Mrs. Cox!!!). The sugar is Lemon Chiffon/Berry flavored (I mixed a bit). They look kind of strange, but taste soo yummy! I don't really know what to call them, they are a close version of my baked donuts, so I guess they are kind of sort of like apple fritters!










Then, I started my home made beef and barley stew. I am making this to freeze in containers for work lunches. I made it all from scratch! Beef, Barley, fresh herbs, garlic, fennel, onion, red
pepper, and spinach too! I LOVEEEE Soup like you would not believe! We always go for beef in barley at the supermarket, so I decided to make a home made version. This is my first attempt and I am 100% satisfied with it! I've let it cook slow, and low, all day. Yummzville!!










THEN, I decided to pre-make Josh's breakfast for tomorrow. I've already packed his lunch up. So to go with his yogurt (topped with honey, granola and fresh black berries) I made him a cute little egg sammie! I've never poached an egg before, let alone shape one! It was fun, simple and quick! I don't make breakfast in the morning when I have to go to work as well. I am just too tired...it takes me a while to wake up.




In between all of this Dave and Liette stopped by for a little bit. I walked the dogs again and continued my laundry. AND guess what? It's only 5:00pm! haha! So now I am about to start my first try at jambalaya! I can't wait until spring/summer. I want to use food that I have grown myself in my dishes. It's getting closer!!

Life is good. I really can't complain. In fact, I should do more of the opposite as much as possible. I am in a happy and healthy place. Thought I don't really know what the future holds for me, I can truly say I am living my life the way I want. When I was a little girl, all I ever wanted was to grow up and get married. I wanted to find love, even when I was little. I don't know if my family will ever find this blog..I love them all, but I've always felt very alone. Half of my family, the half that would have taken care of me, does not even know (or ever will, for that matter) the hardships I have faced. Now that I am an adult, and have moved past those difficulties, I am figuring out who I am and what makes me happy. What makes me happy, is the small things! Like taking care of my little family! Being the best person I can be! and loving with all of my heart!! :)

Life is, very, good!

I've had a good day and I can't wait for Josh to come home from work!! Now back to my kitchen I go! It's Jambalaya time!!




Until next time!
XoX Shara!

No comments:

Post a Comment